Go to All Blogs | Birding Blogs
Updated 10 September 2019
If you book (with a deposit) onto any of the tours below during the African Bird Fair (September 14 – 15 this year, see https://www.birdlife.org.za/support-us/events/the-african-bird-fair/), you will receive 15 percent (15%) off (note that this offer does not apply if you’ve already received another discount on the tour and is relevant only for new bookings made in person at the fair).
The discount can be applied to any new tour booked. However, here is a list of some of our guaranteed (unless otherwise stated) departures with spaces still available, which may also be of interest.
Asia and Australasia:
- West Papua: Birds-of-paradise and more, first 2020 departure FULL, second one just added (but not yet guaranteed) – https://www.birdingecotours.com/tour/birding-tour-west-papua-arfak-waigeo-birding-expedition/
- Papua New Guinea: different (from the above) Birds-of-paradise including Blue Bird-of-paradise, and more, will be guaranteed when one more person (e.g. you) books – see https://www.birdingecotours.com/tour/birding-tour-papua-new-guinea-attenboroughs-paradise/
- Endemics of Indonesia : the islands of Sulawesi and Halmahera, a few places left on the 2020 departure, https://www.birdingecotours.com/tour/birding-tour-indonesia-sulawesi-halmahera/
- Australia: the unusual southwest and its endemics, places still available Dec 2019 https://www.birdingecotours.com/tour/birding-tour-australia-southwest/
Brown-headed Honeyeater; one of a number of honeyeater species to be seen on our Australian tours.
- Australia: the east, too late to book 2019 but 2020 essentially a guaranteed departure, https://www.birdingecotours.com/tour/birding-tour-australia-outback-wet-tropics/
- Tasmania, too late to book 2019 but 2020 essentially a guaranteed departure, https://www.birdingecotours.com/tour/birding-tour-australia-tasmania-orange-bellied-parrot-pre-tour/
- Bhutan in the spring, 2020 trip is guaranteed so far, https://www.birdingecotours.com/tour/birding-tour-bhutan-spring-in-the-eastern-himalayas/
- India: Assam, birds and mammals, the next 2 departures are essentially guaranteed with a couple more bookings each – https://www.birdingecotours.com/tour/birding-tour-india-bhutan-extension-assam-november/
The monotypic Ibisbill can be seen on our Bhutan extension to Assam.
- Classic northern India: Tigers, Birds, the Himalayas, the Taj Mahal and more, usually gets guaranteed fast (most years), https://www.birdingecotours.com/tour/birding-tour-india-the-north-tigers-and-birds/
- Thailand, central, upcoming departures are guaranteed, https://www.birdingecotours.com/tour/birding-tour-thailand-central-thailand/
- Thailand, northern, upcoming departures are guaranteed, https://www.birdingecotours.com/tour/birding-tour-thailand-northern-thailand/
- Thailand, jewels of the south, upcoming departures guaranteed, https://www.birdingecotours.com/tour/birding-tour-thailand-14-day-jewels-of-the-south/
Africa and Madagascar:
- Uganda – Shoebill, Green-breasted Pitta, African Green (Grauer’s) Broadbill/other Albertine Rift endemics, Gorillas, Chimps and other primates, essentially guaranteed to run annually
The prehistoric-looking Shoebill can be seen on our comprehensive Uganda tour.
- Birds and mammals of Kenya, the 2020 and 2021 departures just need 2 people to sign up to be guaranteed departures https://www.birdingecotours.com/tour/birding-tour-kenya-20-day-birding-adventure/
- South Africa: Kruger National Park and Escarpment birding and mammals extravaganza, essentially guaranteed annually, there are actually still places left on the Sep 2019 departure if you want to book last-minute – https://www.birdingecotours.com/tour/birding-tour-south-africa-kruger-national-park-escarpment/
- South Africa: the Cape, essentially guaranteed annually, there are 2 spaces left in Oct 2019 if you want to book last-minute – https://www.birdingecotours.com/tour/birding-tour-south-africa-8-day-western-cape/
Cape Rockjumpers are usually seen on our Cape (South Africa) tours!
- South Africa : the subtropics (bird-rich eastern South Africa), essentially guaranteed annually, there are a few spaces left in Oct 2019 if you want to book last-minute – https://www.birdingecotours.com/tour/birding-tour-south-africa-subtropical-south-africa/
- Namibia/Botswana/Victoria Falls birding and mammals extravaganza, essentially guaranteed annually, there is 1 space available for Nov 2019 due to a recent unforeseen cancellation – https://www.birdingecotours.com/tour/birding-tour-namibia-namibia-okavango-victoria-falls/
White-tailed Shrike; one of the many Namibian near-endemics to be seen on our Namibia/Botswana/Zimbabwe tour.
- Madagascar, Masoala pre-trip, 2019 and 2020 are guaranteed so far, https://www.birdingecotours.com/tour/birding-tour-madagascar-6-day-masoala-peninsula-pre-tour/
- Best of Madagascar birds, lemurs and other wildlife (15 days), 2 last-minute spaces available on our 2019 departure, this trip is practically guaranteed annually, https://www.birdingecotours.com/tour/birding-tour-madagascar-best-madagascar-birds-wildlife-october/
- Morocco, the 2020 trip is essentially guaranteed, https://www.birdingecotours.com/tour/birding-tour-morocco-the-best-of-central-morocco/
The best of Brazil, the 2019 trip is almost full but we might be able to accommodate a couple more, future years need a couple more to guarantee, https://www.birdingecotours.com/tour/birding-tour-brazil-cerrado-pantanal-atlantic-forest/
- Bolivia, the 2019 one still has a couple of places (we had a last-minute cancellation), https://www.birdingecotours.com/tour/birding-tour-bolivia-andes-chaco-lowlands/
- Colombia, usually gets guaranteed fast (most years), https://www.birdingecotours.com/tour/birding-tour-colombia-the-best-of-colombia/
Look at that bill! The ridiculous-looking Sword-billed Hummingbird can be seen on our Colombia tour.
- Cuba, usually gets guaranteed fast (most years), https://www.birdingecotours.com/tours/cuba-birding-tours/ and please also consider our new Dominican Republic Tour (not guaranteed yet but the 15 % offer applies to this too), https://www.birdingecotours.com/tour/birding-tour-complete-dominican-republic/
- Ecuador and the Galapagos, we’ve redone some of our Ecuador/Galapagos tours so they’re generally not guaranteed but hopefully should be soon, see https://www.birdingecotours.com/tours/ecuador-birding-tours/
- Peru, we’ve had an office in Peru since the beginning, so we offer some of the best itineraries possible (at great value). Not all of the trips we run are guaranteed departures yet, but many of them should be soon, see https://www.birdingecotours.com/tours/peru-birding-tours/
The beautiful Rufous-crested Coquette can be seen on a few of our Peru tours.
- Costa Rica, “escape the northern winter” tour, usually gets guaranteed fast (most years), https://www.birdingecotours.com/tour/birding-tour-costa-rica-escape/
Svalbard (Spitsbergen) in Arctic/far northern Norway: Polar Bears, Walruses, whales, pack ice, Iceland Gull, King Eider, Rock Ptarmigan and other specials, https://www.birdingecotours.com/tour/birding-tour-norway-svalbard-cruise/
Our Arctic cruise usually produces sightings of Polar Bear!
Antarctica, South Georgia, the Falklands and southern South America:
Antarctica Emperor Penguin special, actually 20 % off our normal prices for last-minute booking – https://www.birdingecotours.com/tour/birding-cruise-antarctica-emperor-penguin/
Emperor Penguin will be targeted on the above Antarctica tour.
- Antarctic Peninsula, South Georgia, the Falkland Islands and Tierra del Fuego, our trips are essentially guaranteed annually – https://www.birdingecotours.com/tour/birding-cruise-antarctica-tierra-del-fuego-falklands-south-georgia-antarctic-peninsula/