All tours offered by Birding Ecotours cc (“Birding Ecotours“) are subject to the following terms and conditions:
- If you have never joined a birding tour, please contact us and ask us more about what a birding tour really involves, before signing up. Some people are surprised how tiring some birding tours can be, or how focused they are on searching for birds.
- Neither Birding Ecotours, its members nor any of its employees, sub-contractors or consultants, shall be held liable for any damage, loss, injury or death, to any person or property and arising from any cause whatsoever, during a Birding Ecotours birding vacation, or from any activity related to or undertaken during a Birding Ecotours vacation.
- All tour participants are strongly advised to obtain adequate medical cover prior to any tour, to take steps to ensure that all valuables are covered against damage, loss or theft and to obtain travel insurance for loss of luggage, unforeseen delay or cancellation of their trip due to events such as delayed flights, adverse weather conditions or civil unrest.
All tour participants are also advised to purchase comprehensive trip cancellation insurance, as Birding Ecotours shall not give a refund on the deposit or balance payment if you cancel your participation in the trip, for any reason whatsoever (including, but not limited to illness and death).
- A tour will only be considered confirmed and provisional bookings will only be made once a non-refundable deposit of 25% has been received by Birding Ecotours for each participant. Full payment for the tour must be made at the latest 2 months prior to the starting date of the tour.
- Please do not book international flights until you have first checked with Birding Ecotours.
- Tours are conducted in English, unless otherwise indicated.
- Smoking in the tour vehicles and indoors is not permitted. If you do smoke outdoors, please of course be considerate and move away from the group.
- It is recommended that payment be made electronically or via wire transfer. If payment is made by MasterCard or Visa, an additional fee of 5% of the total tour price is required.
- Birding Ecotours reserves the right to modify an itinerary whilst on tour, if necessary, due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of Birding Ecotours, such as, but not limited to, road maintenance, adverse weather conditions, closure of lodges, guest houses, etc. itineraries shown on our website or elsewhere also sometimes have to be modified (in advance of your tour) according to availability of accommodation and other factors, and if because of recent knowledge (such as better lodges opening or birds becoming easier to see elsewhere) we believe that by making (usually small) changes to the itinerary it will lead to an improved experience for you, then we certainly try to make these changes.
- Tour participants undertake to comply with the instructions of Birding Ecotours and its employees, sub-contractors or consultants during the tour. Birding Ecotours has the authority to disqualify any participant, without refund or further obligation, if they do not follow the recommendations of the guide or if the guide feels the person’s continued participation will jeopardize the wellbeing or enjoyment of the individual or group.
- Any loss or damage to the property of Birding Ecotours caused either by the wilful conduct or negligence on the part of any participant shall be refunded in full to Birding Ecotours.
Some Things We Recommend You Bring
(general list for all tours – specific destinations may need further recommendations)
- Binoculars (the guides cannot lend theirs)
- A spotting scope and tripod or window mount (optional)
- Field guides
- Any other birding equipment
- Photographic equipment (optional)
- Spare batteries for photographic and other gear
- Flashlight/torch/headlamp with spare batteries
- Personal medication (including anti-malaria drugs). We recommend packing important medication (and a change of clothes) in your hand luggage in the unlikely event of lost luggage
- Some countries might require a valid Yellow Fever Certificate and we advise visiting a travel clinic or your family doctor and visiting the Center for Disease Control website, for health advice
- Rain gear
- Alarm clock
- Passport and if required, visas
- Copies of passport, medical insurance policies and other important documents, that can be left with the Birding Ecotours office or at your home
- Money for alcoholic beverages, gifts, tips, items of a personal nature, etc. Traveler’s checks are often difficult to use except in the USA but Visa and MasterCard are widely accepted including for drawing local currency at ATM’s
- Hiking boots plus another pair of shoes and sandals
- Swimming gear
- Cap/hat and dark glasses
- Mosquito repellent
- Long-sleeved clothes as a precaution against biting insects