Go to All Blogs | Bird Tour Preparation Blogs
SOME THINGS WE RECOMMEND YOU BRING
(general list for all tours – specific destinations may need further recommendations)
- Binoculars (the guides cannot lend theirs)
- A spotting scope and tripod or window mount (optional)
- Field guides
- Any other birding equipment
- Photographic equipment (optional)
- Spare batteries for photographic and other gear
- Flashlight/torch/headlamp with spare batteries
- Personal medication (including anti-malaria drugs). We recommend packing important medication (and a change of clothes) in your hand luggage in the unlikely event of lost luggage.
- Some countries might require a valid Yellow Fever Certificate, and we advise visiting a travel clinic or your family doctor and visiting the Center for Disease Control website for health advice.
- Rain gear
- Alarm clock
- Passport and, if required, visa
- Copies of passport, medical insurance policies, and other important documents that can be left with the Birding Ecotours office, with your guide, and at your home.
- Money for alcoholic beverages, gifts, tips, items of a personal nature, etc. Traveler’s checks are often difficult to use except in the USA, but Visa and MasterCard are widely accepted, including for drawing local currency at ATMs.
- Hiking boots plus another pair of shoes and sandals
- Swimming gear
- Cap/hat and dark glasses
- Mosquito repellent
- Long-sleeved clothes as a precaution against biting insects